RALPH A. DIFONZO, Jr.
Ralph A. DiFonzo, Jr. provides Provide training and education to law enforcement, business and private sector(s) to enhance their skills, abilities and knowledge to perform effectively and efficiently in their profession(s).
RAD Consultants LLC
President, September 2001–current
Offers training to Local, State and Federal law enforcement nationwide:
- Fingerprint Classification, Identification and Comparison
- Crime Scene Investigation
- Crisis Negotiation and Suicide Intervention
- Major Case Investigation
- Instructor Development
- Interview and Interrogation
Forensic Consulting of New England (FCANE)
Consultant and Instructor for several clients which include: America’s Most Wanted Television Program; Connecticut Criminal Law Foundation, Inc.; Dr. Henry Lee Institute of Forensic Science; Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Institute; Massachusetts State Police Criminal Identification Bureau; NYPD Forensic Lab Latent Fingerprint Section; PowerPhone Incorporated; Raytheon Corporation.
Installed the CrossMatch Automated Fingerprint Integrated System for Lockheed Martin and Integrated Biometrics Technology; trained Department of Education, State of Florida personnel in obtaining legible inkless fingerprints acceptable to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) for criminal record checks; also, installed same in Connecticut, Delaware and Virginia for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) commercial drivers’ license program (CDL) and airline personnel.
Northwestern Community College, Winsted, Connecticut
Consultant for Media Networks regarding ongoing high-profile criminal cases: Fox News Channel; Geraldo Rivera Show; America’s Most Wanted; Court TV; The John Walsh Show; NBC; ABC; various national newspapers, radio and publications.
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC), Team Adam
Jennings Smith Associates
Director, Special Investigation Services
Security Consultant for JSI contracted by the State of Connecticut Public Works to conduct audits, assessments and emergency response planning for the Connecticut Regional Vocational-Technical schools and other State facilities.
U.S. Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation
Supervisory Special Agent, April 1991–August 2001, New Haven, Connecticut
- Initiated and supervised Federal, State and local Violent Crimes Fugitive Task Force
- Responsible for daily operations
- Developed strategies and goals to address violent crime issues
- Authored the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) used as a charter for task force participants
- Responsible for budgetary items, payments of expenditures and overtime payroll
- Conducted case and file reviews for all Local, State and Federal law enforcement assigned to task force under my supervision
- Supervised arrest plans and subsequent arrests of all violent offenders
Special Agent, March 1975–March 1991, Salt Lake City, Utah; Los Angeles, California
- Lead criminal investigator in violent crimes and major offender cases, including kidnappings, extortions, bank robberies, fugitives, celebrity stalkings and government reservation crimes
- Crisis Negotiation Coordinator
- Crisis Management Coordinator-Command Post Operations
- National Center for Analysis of Violent Crimes (Field Profiler)
- Certified FBI Police Instructor
Fingerprint Technician, January 1971–February 1975
- Classified, identified and searched criminal and civil fingerprint cards nationwide
- Throughout tenure with FBI, continued to instruct a 40-hour fingerprint Classification, Identification and Comparison course to police officers and college students
- University of Baltimore June 1973, B.S., Accounting
- Instructor Credential, Police Science, Lifetime #356840 1989
- California Community College
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- International Associations of Identification (IAI) since 1992
- Past certified instructor, Police Officer Standard Training (POST), California, Connecticut and Utah since 1975
- Certified Instructor, Delaware Council on Police Training, 2007
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association (FLEOA), member 2001
- Society of Former Special Agents, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), 2002
- Crime Scene Investigation, FBI Academy, Quantico, Virginia since 1975
- Fugitive/Major Case Investigation, FBI, 1975
- Laboratory Division, Physical Evidence , FBI Academy, Quantico, Virginia, 1978
- Latent Fingerprint School, FBI, 1975
- Advanced Instructor, Instructor Development, FBI, Quantico Virginia, since 1986
- Death Investigation, FBI Academy, Quantico, Virginia since 1990
- Interview and Interrogation (Instructor Course), FBI Academy, Quantico, Virginia since 1995
- SWAT, FBI Academy, Quantico, Virginia since 1976
- Safe Streets Survival, FBI Academy, Quantico, Virginia since 1992
- Distinguished Service, Connecticut Violent Crimes Fugitive Task Force, from New Haven, Hartford, Bridgeport and Connecticut State Police
- Resolution from City of Los Angeles, signed by Mayor Thomas Bradley, March 1991.
- Numerous Letters of Commendation for bravery, professionalism and valor from Director(s) of FBI 1975 – 2001
- Letters from America’s Most Wanted TV Program, John Walsh, regarding successful captures of high-profile fugitives 1988 – 2001
- Letter from Connecticut Governor John Rowland in praise of Task Force accomplishments and its impact on the crime rate in State of Connecticut, 1995
- Master Police Instructor Award, FBI, Quantico, Virginia 1996
Contact us by telephone at 866-629-3757 or via e-mail with questions or specific service requests.
We look forward to hearing from you.